Province of St. Philip the Apostle
Founded on Nov. 28, 1898; canonically established Jan. 20, 1902. Incorporated in the State of New York as the Salesian Society, with headquarters in New Rochelle.
Our apostolates include:
- Youth Centers - parish youth centers, after-school programs, and local units of Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Summer Camps - resident and day camps open to boys and girls
- Schools - local and regional academic high schools and technical schools that teach specialty skills and trades
- Parishes - Diocesan parishes, mostly in the inner city
- Retreat Centers - places for retreats, days of recollection, and youth assemblies
- Development Office - there are ways that you can support the Salesians and the youth we serve
- Salesian Missions - we go to places around the world where young people are most in need
- Social Communications - offers publications for youth advocacy and spiritual development
Many of the apostolates listed above are operated in collaboration with the Salesian Sisters. In general the Province of St. Philip the Apostle extends east of the Mississippi River and throughout Canada, while the Province of St. Andrew extends west of the Mississippi River.